The United States Department of Energy (DOE) has rolled out rules to enforce a proposed minimum 45-lm/W efficacy threshold for all general lamps by July 2023. Most of Burton's halogen portfolio is not affected by this ruling due to one or more of the exemptions stated below.
Department of Energy - General Service Lamps
General Service Lamps do not include:
- Appliance Lamps
- Black Light Lamps
- Bug Lamps
- Colored Lamps
- G shape lamps with a diameter of 5 inches or more as defined in ANSI C79.1-2002
- General Service Fluorescent Lamps
- High intensity discharge lamps
- Infrared Lamps
- J, JC, JCD, JCS, JCV, JCX, JD, JS, JT shape lamps that do not have Edison screw bases
- Lamps that have a wedge base or pre-focus base
- Left-hand thread lamps
- Marine lamps
- Marine signal service lamps
- Mine service lamps
- MR shape lamps that have a first number symbol equal to 16 (diameter equal to 2 inches) as defined in ANSI C79.1-2002, operate at 12 volts, and have a lumen output greater than or equal to 800
- Other fluorescent lamps
- Plant light lamps
- R20 short lamps
- Reflector lamps that have a first number symbol less than 16 (diameter less than 2 inches) as defined in ANSI 79.1-2002 and that do not have E26/ E224, E26d, E26/50x39, E26/53x39, E29/53x39, E39, E39d, EP39, or EX39 bases.
Individual states may have additional General Service Lamp Restrictions and we recommend users to check what is applicable for your state(s). Burton will still continue to sell replacement lamps for as long as supply lasts. You can buy them through the Burton Shop or your Distributor.
Currently, Burton only sells through a distributor. You can contact your local sales representative here to get started.
Burton proudly stands behind the reliability of its lighting products and is proud to offer an industry-leading five-year warranty* against mechanical defect on all of your lights. You can register your light here.
*Five-year warranty excludes XenaLux, HL-70, HL-30, and LE 50 LED.
Replacement parts for BURTON lights can be purchased through an authorized distributor or purchased on the Burton Shop.
Please contact Customer Support at (800) 444-9909, Option 1, to learn about the current lead times.
All authorized returns must be in the original packaging and in saleable condition. All returns must meet Burton’s standards and are subject to a standard restocking fee.
Each product’s specific certifications and approvals are listed on the product literature. You can find this literature by going to the product page or downloads. You can also read about our regulatory standards here.
Please call Burton at (800) 444-9909, to speak with Customer Service / Technical Support to be connected with an installer in your area.
LEDs produce extraordinarily little heat and do not add to an environment’s temperature. Our LED models provide overall cost of ownership advantages with minimal maintenance and energy savings.
Color Temperature is the warmth or coolness of a light source. It is measured in degrees of Kelvin (K) on a scale from 1,000 K to 10,000 K.